Private landlords should be aware that they have a legal responsibility to keep gas appliances safe.

They are the words of Peter Eldridge, the chief executive at Gas Safe Register, who has reminded property professionals that gas systems need to be safety checked and serviced on an annual basis.

His comments come as thousands of British youngsters are preparing to head off to university next month, which will involve many of them seeking the services of private landlords.

A-Level and AS-Level results were revealed last week, and these were followed by news about whether university places had been secured.

But Mr Eldridge warned that carbon monoxide produced by badly installed and poorly maintained gas appliances can prove fatal to those who inhale it.

"Students in rented accommodation can be particularly vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning if they don't know about gas safety and their rights,"he explained.

Written by Claire Doyle

ADNFCR-2002-ID-19332740-ADNFCR

Related posts:

  1. Private landlords urged to research gas safety
  2. Private landlords warned about gas safety
  3. Gas safety ‘an important landlord responsibility’
  4. Check gas appliances are safe, private landlords warned
  5. Private landlords offered reminder on gas safety

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

HOME