Private landlords and other homeowners were able to access plenty of information on the subject of carbon monoxide poisoning throughout last week.

Registered charity CO-Awareness held a number of public events across the UK to raise awareness of the topic - and some of the discussion points may have been particularly pertinent to those who rent out property.

Property professionals are regularly reminded by national bodies such as the Gas Safe Register to ensure they check their gas appliances on a regular basis and provide gas safety certificates to tenants every year.

Landlord responsibilities include getting Gas Safe Register-accredited technicians to carry out work on appliances.

Gas engineers used to have to be Corgi-registered, but the new scheme came into play across the UK on April 1st 2009.

Last week, CO-Awareness held road shows in London, Belfast, Cardiff, Glasgow and Manchester to spread the message about gas safety.

Written by Sarah Field
ADNFCR-2002-ID-19475743-ADNFCR

Related posts:

  1. Gas safety rules flouted
  2. Private landlords offered reminder on gas safety
  3. Private landlords warned about gas safety
  4. Landlord advice given as gas safety changes come into play
  5. Private landlords urged to research gas safety

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

HOME