The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is encouraging private landlords to improve their knowledge of gas safety and the potential carbon monoxide risks faulty appliances could pose to tenants.

Figures from the body show that 20 Britons are poisoned by carbon monoxide each year after insufficient steps were taken to ensure gas appliances were safe.

Just last month, a landlord was fined £5,000 and ordered to pay legal costs after putting his tenant's safety at risk by failing to fund maintenance costs to ensure gas safety appliances were updated.

The HSE is now targeting landlords in the Derbyshire region by holding a gas safety awareness event in Burton on Friday.

"We are particularly keen to encourage Burton landlords to come and find out more about this important aspect of their work,"said Natalka Heath, HSE awareness officer.

The seminar aims to provide advice to private landlords and managing agents on correct gas safety procedures - which are legally required to safeguard their tenants.ADNFCR-2002-ID-19005721-ADNFCR

Related posts:

  1. Private landlord fined for gas safety breach
  2. Landlords warned against gas threat
  3. Landlords urged to check gas appliances
  4. Gas appliances ‘must be maintained’
  5. Landlord could face jail for unsafe boilers

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

HOME